Re: [Shop-talk] Ignition switch

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ignition switch
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 21:29:13 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/08/2013 21:29:27, Serialize complete at 01/08/2013 21:29:27
I thought about that, but this GMC uses the radio speakers for the chime.
It also is every other chime (lights, door open, etc) which I still
wanted.

Here is what I did.  I disconnected the battery and rang out all the wires
on the key.  There were two wires by themselves that has no connectivity
without the key and a closed circuit with the key in the switch.  BINGO. I
cut one of the wires and all is well!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
01/08/2013 19:36

Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Ignition switch

That was a problem I solved in my 2005 Subaru Outback by finding the
source
of the beep, drilling into the box that contained the sounder and applying
a bit of RTV to the open side of the sounder so it is much quieter.

-Peter