[Shop-talk] Ignition switch

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Ignition switch
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 18:59:06 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/08/2013 18:56:25, Serialize complete at 01/08/2013 18:56:25
OK, if you remember, I was asking how to disable the key "beeping" for a
2004 GMC Envoy.

Well, I was installing a new radio, and started digging into the dash.
Before I knew it, I had the entire steering column apart.  So, I got to
thinking, there is a switch in the ignition to tell the computer when the
key is in it.  If I cut that wire, it should fix that beep for good.

The only problem is, I can't figure out all the wires coming out of it.

Can anyone either point me to an exploded view of this key switch (or if
you can send me a PDF if you have an electronic image of it.)

Or if you know which wire I need to cut, that would be great!

TIA for any assistance.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson