[Shop-talk] Another wandering off-topic.....GPS

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Another wandering off-topic.....GPS
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:02:32 -0500
I have a Garmin Nuvi 255w and it does one annoying thing that I haven't
figured out how to beat. I hope the crowd intelligence of this group can
help. Let me give you a recent example...

We were traveling northbound on I 65 headed toward Nashville, TN. Our
destination for the evening was White House, TN, about 15 miles north of
Nashville. I had my settings set to "fastest time". As we got near Nashville
toward the end of evening rush the "Lady-in-the Box" routed me through a
very busy downtown Nashville with 2 or 3 expressway changes. It would have
been a lot easier on my nerves to just stay on I 65 and skirt around
Nashville and wind up where I wanted. I think if I had been set on "shortest
distance" I would have probably got the same result but I am not sure. Is
there any other way to avoid downtown congestion?

Is the only solution."buy a more expensive GPS?"