Re: [Shop-talk] Oil, again

To: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>, Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil, again
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 11:04:43 -0400
I've had cars that spec 0W-20 for a few years now, so I guess the shock has
worn off. I still worry that it can hold up to the Florida heat, but they
spec-ed it, so I have to assume they've done their homework.

As far as availability, there are plenty of options. I use Mobil 1, but I
remember seeing others.

Based on just the cars we have, I assume 0W-20 is going to be the new
standard. It apparently does a lot for fuel efficiency and tolerances are a
lot closer in engines now.

Scott