Re: [Shop-talk] Shower pans?

To: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shower pans?
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:12:42 -0700
Cc: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Scott - I don't know anything about them, but saw
http://www.markeindustries.com/
in a magazine.  They appear to have a nice website with a variety of
information.

I pay attention to this because I too have a shower that needs work.
It's tile and I could see light from the bathroom in the crawlspace
below at the floor/wall junction.  Two years ago I fixed it with a thick
bead of silicone bathroom caulk and last month it was still dry
underneath, but I know it needs a more permanent solution, so I've been
watching the products.

I've been considering their shower system like
http://www.schluter.com/8_4_kerdi_shower_kit.aspx

They have a nice installation handbook at
http://www.schluter.com/media/ShowerHandbook.pdf

Brian