Re: [Shop-talk] What fun!

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>, Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] What fun!
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:46:21 -0400
On 9/13/2012 3:41 AM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> So it is raining in my office. Well, maybe just a few small streams, but
> the dishwasher
> up above me in the kitchen seems to be leaking, and leaking badly. Gosh,
> didn't we
> recently have a discussion about dishwasher drain lines?

C'mon Mark, you're the list admin. You of all people should know to make
an obligatory comment about running car parts through the dishwasher to
feign being "on topic"  :)

I went through three different rental places in 13 years as a kid, and
every one had the same crappy sub $200 G.E. dishwasher. Then nearly 11
years ago, at 35 bought my first home. The dishwasher has a "Kenmore"
badge on it, BUT IT'S THE SAME !@#$ G.E. POS! Arrrggghhh!

I took it apart once to clean out mold and debris that was clogging the
pump and drain (unrelated to the car parts I'd run through it.) And
neglected to replace a gasket I'd taken out in the process, causing it
to leak through the floor and onto my bench and tool box in the garage
below :( I think they should all have some kinda tray or liner under
them, so any leaks come out into the room and are immediately visible.
I'll probably use the vinyl stuff they put in shower stall floors if I
ever replace it. Would love to replace it, but now I'm single & poor and
hardly use the thing anyway.

Bosch is supposed to make really nice washers, and most come out of a
domestic factory here in North Carolina. I have access to Consumer
Reports online site, if you'd like me to pull their ratings & reports
for ya'. (I value their opinion, but do not consider them an ultimate
authority, particularly on some specialty products where I strongly
disagree with their conclusions.)

-Wayne