Re: [Shop-talk] schumacher SE4022 battery charger

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] schumacher SE4022 battery charger
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 14:33:51 -0400
I have a relatively little model of theirs. 2 / 10 / 60amp @ 12V. Got it
at AdvanceAuto, but I'e seen the identical one with different paint
elsewhere. Took a look "under the hood" years ago. No much to 'em. I'd
agree with the part about the rectifiers. It's either gonna have a
decent sized 4 terminal bridge rectifier, or discrete diodes, pretty
close to the transformer. If you have a meter and know some basic
electronics, you can test it pretty easily. Diodes can likely be
replaced with 1N40xx series parts. And bridges are pretty standard. When
in doubt, go for higher current rating. Available from Digi-Key, Mouser,
Newark, or even Radio Shanty.

If it's further into the regulation or controls, that's more than I
remember.

-Wayne