[Shop-talk] alt or battery?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] alt or battery?
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:23:54 -0400 (EDT)
01 Toyota w 3 liter v6.

Car wouldn't start when the boss got off work. Jump by tow truck got it
going and she drove it home about an hour. During drive home dash lights
were flickering.

Battery terminals were cruddy big time. I cleaned them up. (They are
still the crappy toyota strap kind.) Window light on battery is still
faintly green. I do not remember how old the battery is.

I cannot get it to jump start with my charger/starter but have never
been able to get this thing to jump start a car.

Charger is showing a full charge but the little green light is
flickering. I have never seen that before and have charged several
batteries.

Battery was showing over 13 volts when car was running when she got
home. I could not get a reading off the alt as the connections are all
covered.

Help!

tim