Re: [Shop-talk] Extension cord gauge per load and distance

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Extension cord gauge per load and distance
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:12:44 -0700
> Just tell him to back feed the panel and make sure he shuts
> off the main
> before starting the genny.

A little poking about on eBay turned up several transfer switches in the $50
- $150 range.

I sure would hate to think I'd killed a man for $150, and as David said, it
is all too easy for someone to do something stupid.

OTOH, you could probably get some play on YouTube with the video of the gen
set exploding when someone accidentally closes the switch before pulling the
plug.

-- Randall