Re: [Shop-talk] Putting floor in attic - can't fit 4x8 sheets

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Putting floor in attic - can't fit 4x8 sheets
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 15:43:28 -0400
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
At 02:09 PM 5/27/2012, Jim Franklin wrote:

>The way the house is constructed I can't get a 4x8 sheet into the attic. I can
>do a 4x4 and with some effort a 2x8, but none of those are t&g.

>Any options out there besides using some kind of Simpson Tie in place of the
>t&g edge support?

Jim,

I'm not sure if you are planning on making this a finished area or not. But I just
finished doing the same thing and had the same problem.  The access would
only allow a 2'x8' piece of plywood up into the attic. So that's what I did. But I didn't plan on using toung & grove to start with. I just butted the plywood piece up the best I could. This is raw, and only for walking and possible storage. So the fact that the pieces are "fit" together is no big deal. I'll send you a zip file
of pictures of the job off-list.

John

                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
     e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
     In God We Trust
     Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                  oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction