Re: [Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 17:12:34 -0700
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
Tim - I have had best luck with ant baits. Which ones depend on the specific ants, so you may have to try several. The ants come out and get the poison on them then take it back to the nest. It takes a few days to a week to work, but it eventually get there when you find the right one. Set the bait right next to one of their paths. I like the clear baits so you can see it gets ants and see when it is empty. If a bait empties and you still have ants, add another bait.

The ants at my previous house liked the Zep or Enforcer baits that had a peanut butter like substance in the middle. The ants I had at my current house liked the Hot Shot Liquid from Home Depot, Store SKU # 959786. The nice thing about the clear containers is that you can see they are working.

If you have them in the house around where small kids go, use Windex. It kills quick and keeps them away for a few days.

Brian