[Shop-talk] Car Lifts, yet again

Subject: [Shop-talk] Car Lifts, yet again
From: jandkstone99 at msn.com (Jim Stone)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 11:17:19 -0500
Does anyone here have any experience the American Equipment Equipment lifts?
I have done some searching on the company and the products, and have found
many complaints about the company's business practices, but little information
about the products.  I also checked the Shop-Talk archives and didn't come up
with much.

I have a chance to buy one of their lifts used, which would avoid most of the
complaints about the business.  But, I'd still have to deal with them on any
maintenance or repairs, which is a good reason to stay away from a used one.
(Can you tell I am already talking myself out of this?)  Plus, you have to
question the product quality of a company with poor customer service.  (Two
strikes?)  Still, I figure it would be worth polling the group to see if
anyone knew anything about the product itself.

Thanks.