[Shop-talk] Steep curb/driveway fix?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Steep curb/driveway fix?
From: mbarre at juno.com (Matt)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 19:25:03 GMT
My neighborhood has traditional curbs with dedicated driveway aprons, but the
transition up the slope caused problems with low cars & trailers with
overhangs.I was surprised to find out that the city would come out and place
an asphalt transition with a 4" gap at no charge. They basically placed
asphalt (looked kind of like the Griot's device, but bigger) with a 4x4 in the
middle (that was removed) to allow a channel for water to run. It isn't that
pretty but it does work. After I got mine, several neighbors got them too.

Matt
AGE RES PROPRIAS TUAS