[Shop-talk] Shaky steering wheel

Subject: [Shop-talk] Shaky steering wheel
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 13:56:50 -0700
One of my ex-SOs had a '96 Cherokee with similar problem.  I tried new steering
damper, checked hubs, tie-rods, etc. but
couldn't find the problem.  Ended up being a brake problem.  Long story, the
problem needed to be fixed and I
couldn't/didn't have time so we sent it to the shop.  $800 and all new brakes,
etc. in the frontend solved the problem.

If the shaking stops when you apply brakes that's a strong clue.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net