[Shop-talk] Running power to the shop

Subject: [Shop-talk] Running power to the shop
From: wmc_st at xxiii.com (Wayne)
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 22:52:23 -0500
>> The electrician did mention ground rods at the sub-panel.  I forgot to add
>> that, my bad.

That sounds TOTALLY wrong.  I flunked out of EE and am not a licensed
electrician.  But AFAIK, the neutral and ground should be "bonded" at
ONE point and ONE POINT ONLY.  A subpanel should have a separate neutral
and ground wire run to it, and the bonding bar between the the two in
the box should be removed, to create an "isolated ground" whereas a main
entrance panel has the two connected.

-Wayne