[Shop-talk] OK, so which saw should I get for use in rehab...

Subject: [Shop-talk] OK, so which saw should I get for use in rehab...
From: mistertwo at sbcglobal.net (Rand E)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:30:19 -0800 (PST)
You might want to check out the Harborf Feight Pass/Fail thread at the Garage
Journal website.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27192

Randy

<rkg at teleport.com>
February 29, 2012 4:37 PM
>Subject: [Shop-talk] OK, so which saw should I get
for use in rehab...

>Hi again,
>
>Back on the subject of the condo, I'm
sorely lacking in power tools and for what needs to get done (rip up and
replace some laminate flooring, redo a lot of the
>base moulding, some other
misc. work), and was trying to figure out what kind saw I should get - I've
got all the usual suspects (hand saws, circular saw, several jigsaws, etc. but
there seemed like there was enough work involved to justify getting something
to do the mitering, cut laminate flooring, etc.  I was thinking either a small
table saw or
>one of those whizzy sliding compound miter saws
>
>Which would
you choose?

>A related question is about horrible freight tools.  I see they
have a sliding compound miter saw that they regularly put on sale cheap - had
anybody had any
>experience with these - are they worth a darn?
>
>Thanks,
>
>rkg
>(Richard George)
>
>Shop-talk at autox.team.net