[Shop-talk] OK, so which saw should I get for use in rehab...

Subject: [Shop-talk] OK, so which saw should I get for use in rehab...
From: tputland at charter.net (Tim)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:49:28 -0500 (EST)
Despite my lack of experience and knowledge, I can comment on the
horriblefreight elcheapo miter saw....

It is ok. In our 110 year old craftsman house, I used it for a good
sized job of miter cutting quarter round for my house and it was fine. I
also used it for the 1x8" oak base board and it worked but the red oak
was almost more than it could cut. I doubt this saw would last very long
if I had to redo all the oak trim in the house.

I wish it had a laser guide. Spend the money for a miter saw with a
laser guide.

Tim