Re: [Shop-talk] balky Honda EU2000i generator -- resolved

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] balky Honda EU2000i generator -- resolved
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 07:45:51 -0500
Sounds like you escaped cheaply.  But one thing made me think:

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I pulled the carb and cleaned the jets and flushed out everything I
> could with some old time brake cleaner spray that can disolve most
> anything

My experience with brake cleaner is that it won't dissolve oily films
and varnish as well as carb cleaner.  Next time you change your oil,
do a side-by-side comparison on the stuff left in the bottom of the
drain pan.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums