Re: [Shop-talk] Battery minders?

To: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>, Shop-Talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery minders?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:31:31 -0500
If a gel-cell battery, or any sealed battery, gets overcharged for
long enough it will lose electrolyte, and there's nothing a charger
can do about that.

Wouldn't a UPS battery be unlikely to get sulphated, since it is kept
fully charged (or over-charged) all the time?

It might be a interesting experiment to accurately weight a sealed
battery when it is new, and see how much less it weighs once it is
shot.

Doug

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums