Re: [Shop-talk] Battery minders?

To: "'Scott'" <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery minders?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:46:57 -0600
I've got 7 BatteryMinders, and (obviously) think they're great.  6 little
ones and one of the large variety.  I keep stored cars, lawn tractor, lawn
mower, etc. on them year-round.  Don't know about the other contender
(Battery Tender) but the BatteryMinder desulphates continuously, and extends
the life considerably.  They have a chip in them that constantly monitirs
battery voltage and only charges when it's needed, vs trickle chargers that
stay on continuously and eventually kill the battery.

I saved a new recombinant-gas (AGM) aircraft battery after leaving the
master switch on for a few days - the battery was a month old, so that paid
for the aircraft charger right there.  Resurrected and saved a dead battery
that came with some lawn equipment, and wound up using it another two years.

Karl