Re: [Shop-talk] Shucky darn

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shucky darn
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:24:53 -0500
Man...that was me until about 2002. I gave up on:

1) Finding the truck ('55 Fords aren't thick on the ground)
2) Paying for the truck ($25,000 is too much to spend on someone else's
half-finished and all-the-way screwed up project)
3) Finding parts for the project (I'm not paying $600 for a gee-gaw,
even if it is NOS, and re-pops don't fit)
4) Having a 1955 truck after spending $70,000 on it. They're 'cool', but
not particularly good 'trucks', when compared to a newer truck.

Don't get me wrong, you know of a decent '50s truck for less than $6,000
(I mean just that all--or almost all--of the parts are there, and that
it moves and stops itself, and that it's functional and able to be
restored to 'nice') and I'll find a spot for it in my garage. Until
then, I can get a better 'truck' circa 1995 for less than that, it'll
have a/c, and buying parts for it won't be an event each and every time.

Hm. It wasn't that bad, really, I just REALLY got tired of EVERYONE in
that industry trying to make EACH transaction a boat-buying opportunity.
It was worse than dealing with a dealer on a new truck.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums