[Shop-talk] What fun - O2 sensor

Subject: [Shop-talk] What fun - O2 sensor
From: marka at maracing.com (Mark Andy)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:19:21 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> I need to replace a failed oxygen sensor in my old S10.  Should be a
> simple task - fat chance! There's just so little clearance that when I
> do get a wrench or socket securely on it there's no way to get enough
> torque applied to break it loose.  Heat, penetrent in various
> combinations and cycles have not made it any easier.  Sheesh.
>
> Sorry, I just had to vent.

Been there with our old Chevy Venture van.  Obviously a completely
different layout than your S10, but in the end I took off the front upper
motor mount and tilted the engine forward, plus found a combination of
tools to get to the o2 sensor.

Which might actually help... The parts stores around me had a couple
completely different o2 sensor removal tools.  That let me try different
approaches.

Mark