[Shop-talk] Mufflers

Subject: [Shop-talk] Mufflers
From: brabel at comcast.net (Bill Rabel)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 08:35:44 -0800
I remember seeing a diagram many years ago of a muffler on a farm generator.
It was a 55 gallon drum, buried in the ground and filled with rocks. The
outlet from the generator was plumbed into the drum, and a stack exited to a
height of about five feet above the ground. Unfortunately, I don't remember
whether the input or output was plumbed to the bottom of the drum.

- Bill Rabel
 Anacortes WA