[Shop-talk] Mufflers

Subject: [Shop-talk] Mufflers
From: jdinnis at gmail.com (John Innis)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 08:54:59 -0600
With a little detective work, you should be able to find a quieter exhaust
system that will bolt right up to that motor.  I would start with a local
lawn and garden shop, take them the model and spec number off the motor and
tell them what you want to do.  Ask if they know of other generators that
used the same series of engine, especially ones that went into RV's.  You
might also look at some of the slip on systems for ATV's and UTV's as these
tend to be pretty quiet.  As a last resort you might try a muffler off a
gas powered golf cart.