Re: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:47:39 -0500 (EST)
I have purchased two sets from tirerack.com--most recenlty last week.
Since I end up not having to pay sales tax (they must not have a
presence in WI) it is pretty much cheaper than going local. (with the
exception of sam's club anyway. Tires are pretty damn cheap at sam's
club but you are giving money to wallymart which I hate doing but that
is anohter story.) This most recent set had a $50 mail in rebate so
shipping is going to be covered by that. Another bonus.

The first time I bought a set from them it was for my Datsun Roadster.
When it came time to input, on the web page, the type vehicle the tyres
were for, this type car was not an available option. I ended up having
to go with a 70 240 Z since it was pretty much the closest option. Well,
this must have put up a red flag of some sort since someonce called me
the next day from that company to verify my order saying the size tyre I
ordered was not commonly ordered for the 240Z. I was fairly impressed by
that level of customer service.

Both sets of tyres ended up at my house withing two business days as
well so my wait was very short. This is obvioulsy based on the warehouse
being fairly close to WI, but still nice to not have to wait for ever
for them.

Tim