[Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver

Subject: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver
From: markmiller at threeboysfarm.com (Mark Miller)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 23:21:46 -0800
I have had some 12 and 14.4V dewalt tools and they were very useable.  I had
the batteries rebuilt once and by the time they needed a second rebuild they
(the batteries) were getting mechanically sloppy and I didn't think they
would stay in the tools well anymore, so not worth doing.  I now have a
Milwaukee 18V driver and drill set and like them quite a bit more. Much more
power, batteries also last longer.
As far as Ryobi: I would never give them another nickel based on how they
treated me with a defective, in warranty, weed whacker.  Claimed that the
failure must have been due to misuse (snapped shaft coupling) so refused to
honor the warranty.

Mark Miller