[Shop-talk] Generator question

Subject: [Shop-talk] Generator question
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:22:58 -0800
> Failing a kit, what should I do besides a simple oil change?

A little poking about on-line makes it appear that your generator was
actually made by Powermate and that they are out of business.  However their
web site is still up and has this to offer:
http://www.powermate.com/generators/storage.php
which seems like good advice to me.

If you can't find a means to drain the tank, then I would suggest using one
of the little Facet electric fuel pumps as a transfer pump (to transfer the
fuel to something that will burn it sooner rather than later).  They are a
handy thing to have around anyway, as they are readily pressed into service
if you have a fuel pump failure.

Cheapest source of new Facet pumps that I know of is Aircraft Spruce:
http://aircraftspruce.info/catalog/eppages/facetpumps.php
(they do sell other models, if you don't see what you want, ask.)

However they frequently show up used on flea-bay for about half of new.

-- Randall