Re: [Shop-talk] Generator question

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Generator question
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:17:11 -0500
I had a similar problem with my snow blower:  When I took it out right
after the Halloween storm, it ran really bad, and I found that the
carb had gotten all gummed up.  Looking at the parts diagram, I
noticed that the engine (B&S) had an optional fuel shutoff valve, but
the snow blower manufacturer had chose not to spend a dollar or two to
include it.  There was a blanking cover where the valve was supposed
to go.  So I ordered the valve, installed it, and now I can close the
valve and let the carb run itself dry after each use.

So, my advice is: figure out how to install a shutoff valve in the
fuel line.  A power equipment repair place should be able to sell you
a generic shutoff valve.

My Honda generator (EU2000) has a little screwdriver-operated drain
valve on the carb, with a bit of hose to drain the fuel outside the
generator's housing.  Very handy...

Doug

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums