[Shop-talk] OK my last question (well, for now)

Subject: [Shop-talk] OK my last question (well, for now)
From: peterwmurray at gmail.com (Peter Murray)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:38:20 -0500
We re-did our upstairs hall bath a year or so ago, and put in the
SunTouch heated flooring mats under tile. Not too difficult and it
makes the room quite nice (though it does take a couple of hours to
come up to temperature, so I recommend a thermostat with more
intelligence/programmability than the manual one I initially
purchased).
This is a larger size mat than we purchased, but it is the same stuff:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100607100/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=
-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
Is the room cold, or more just drafty? Might you have a gap between
the floor and ceiling below that is also not insulated from the
outside, and thus the floor is cold (a problem I discovered in my
house)? If you amply insulated the un-insulated outside walls, I'm
with you - why would the room seem colder? Is the space above
insulated?

-Peter