[Shop-talk] MATH GURUS AND TRAILER BUILDERS

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] MATH GURUS AND TRAILER BUILDERS
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:29:10 -0600
math and geometry have never been my strong suite... I need some help with a
formula

Here's the math problem for all you geometry/trig/calculus/trailer building
car people.(that have to haul the ride sitting in the shop... shop content)

I need to calculate the ramp length for a car hauler trailer so the vehicle
won't drag on loading. given

a.  the height of the trailer bed

c.  the distance from the front edge of the vehicle to the front tire contact
point

d.  the wheel base of the vehicle

e.  the height of the vehicle at it's lowest point

I think I've included all the variables... I know dovetailing the trailer
helps a lot... but we might have to work with what's available...

a "plug in" formula would be sweet so you could just put in the variables and
it would calculate the ramp length

I've got a sketch of what I'm trying to solve if you want to look at

http://jniolon.classicpickup.com/RAMP.HTML

I know this group can come up with something... heck, if I had the material
you could build it be quitting time

thanks

John

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums