Re: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver

To: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>, Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:48:42 -0500
On 11/24/2011 12:24 PM, Brian Kemp wrote:
> I'm getting a cordless impact driver for myself tomorrow. The big orange
> box has good deals on a Dewalt combo (DCK236C for $149). But I also
> noticed they have special pricing on Milwaukee with the driver for $149

I'm a big fan of DeWalt.. Have two 12V drills and a 10" miter saw.  I've
had the first drill since sometime in the mid 1990s, and it's survived a
fall from atop a 12 foot ladder and will punch a 1" spade bit and even
larger hole saws through wood, and still going strong.  It's small,
light and nicely balanced.  I can dangle it off one finger under the
trigger and it's perfectly balanced and will stay put. It will do big
jobs, and it's also small enough to get under the dash of a car for
stereo installs and other tight quarters. Love the thing. Got another
one on clearance sale 2 years ago for only $75 with two batteries.  I've
used a friend's 18V DeWalt impact drill at work too, and it's a nice
piece.  But I think the "more voltage is better" is BS for many jobs.

-Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums