Re: [Shop-talk] Next question, large area outdoor lights

To: Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Next question, large area outdoor lights
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:08:20 -0500
I was under the impression that mercury vapor lights are pretty
efficient- as good as any other type of fluorescent light.  But those
things (sometimes called "yardblasters") tend to send too much light
all over the place, including upwards.  You might be better off with
some type of lighting fixture that has less total brightness, but has
a better type of reflector that sends the night to where it is
actually useful (e.g. not the neighbor's bedroom windows).

Doug

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums