[Shop-talk] Removing bondo

Subject: [Shop-talk] Removing bondo
From: pj_mcgarvey at hotmail.com (PJ McGarvey)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:16:03 -0400
I'm no expert, but I've done some bodywork using bondo.  Unless alot (too
much?) hardener is used, wouldn't just sandpaper work?  I applied and removed
plenty of bondo using an orbital sander attached to a vacuum, and anywhere
between 220 and 100 grit sandpaper.  Easier than using a hand sander if all
you need to do is remove high spots, but it should remove an 1/8" thick
coating pretty easily with some 100 grit or lower.

You guys and your sandblasters, methylene chloride and fire...  ;-)

-PJ