[Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir

Subject: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir
From: wmc_st at xxiii.com (Wayne)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:37:34 -0400
On 10/13/2011 9:11 AM, Bob Rochlin wrote:
> I'm jumping in here late, but i've been using Home Depot PVC for my air lines
> for about 10 years with no issues.  The PVC has a bursting rating or 600PSi (I
> run it at about 100 PSI), is easy to work with, and inexpensive.  I've had no
> issues with leaks, bursting etc.Bob

And of course everyone is gonna jump in with "do not use PVC, it can
explode and shatter".  But you know what -- I've seen it used in
multiple industrial air systems, including a local NASCAR shop (Andy
Petree - I now own his workbench and sandblaster) and never heard of
failures.

I suspect it's kinda like "do not power up your cell phone on the plane,
or it will immediately nose dive into the ground"

-WC