Re: [Shop-talk] Voltage regulators

To: Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Voltage regulators
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:26:13 -0400
Unlike most regulators, that one is not potted.  So it is in theory fixable,
if you can identify what component is bad, and get a replacement for it.

The circuit may be nothing but a rectifier and a voltage regulator with
current limiting.  A constant voltage of 7.0 volts or so will charge a
6-volt battery OK.  In any case, it is entirely different than the type of
regulators used with alternators.

Doug