Re: [Shop-talk] Voltage regulators

To: "'shop-talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Voltage regulators
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:08:05 -0700
Go see your favorite old-time alternator guy, or ask the kids with the
really loud stereos where they go for alternators and you will find a
qualified alternator guy.

I put a little alternator from a 70's civic in my Triumph TR3. (the shaft
was the right size for the pulley and it was only 35 amps, perfect for not
having to modify the system much)  It did not have an internal regulator.
My alternator guy found me an electronic regulator that even had a
connection for the alternator light and cost all of $30.  Works like a charm
and was small enough that I could gut an old TR3 mechanical regulator
housing and easily drop it in there.  The regulator was about 1x1x0.5 inches
in size.  I would have do to some serious digging to find the paperwork on
it though.  It's been in there for years.

Jack