[Shop-talk] Recommendation on Four Post Lifts

Subject: [Shop-talk] Recommendation on Four Post Lifts
From: lspector at gmail.com (Larry Spector)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:24:29 -0400
Ben,

I bought a Bendpak HD9-XW (extra wide/tall) about 5 years ago from
asedeals.com. It's a very well made lift, solid and heavy. Mine's the 220V
version, and it requires air to operate the safety lock releases. You can
get a 110V version if you ask, but I've heard it runs more slowly. I use it
to store whatever car I'm not driving at the time- either my MR2 or my
Integra, with the other parked underneath. I had mine drop shipped to a
local hydraulic shop, and they delivered/installed it. In hindsight- I
could've done it myself, as long as I had help to raise things into place
(did I mention that it's HEAVY?).

There were a couple of options that I went with at the urging of other
owners- and they've definitely been worth the added cost. One was aluminum
ramps. It comes with steel- but they hang down in normal use and get in the
way of parking underneath. They're also very heavy and a pain to remove. I
also bought the RJ45 rolling jack. It's not cheap, but it's very handy for
doing suspension work.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Larry