[Shop-talk] Engine pull cord replacement

Subject: [Shop-talk] Engine pull cord replacement
From: strovato at optonline.net (Steven Trovato)
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:30:16 -0400
The pull cord on my generator broke during the Hurricane Irene power
failure.  I rummaged through my box of rope and string and found some
synthetic "multi-purpose" cord.  It actually looks very much like the
original, except that the original was black and this is white.  I
replaced the cord with this and so far, it seems to be working just
fine.  Actually, considering how infrequently the generator is used,
the original didn't provide a very impressive length of service.

Anyway, the question is, what do you guys use for replacement pull
cord?  Is there "official" pull cord that is more durable than the
stuff I used?   Thanks.

-Steve Trovato
strovato at optonline.net