[Shop-talk] Tunneling drain pipe down a hill?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Tunneling drain pipe down a hill?
From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com (Scott)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 07:16:44 -0400
Man.

This goes against my natural predilection, but hire someone to do that.

I don't see you being able to twist a 4-inch pipe as a drill by hand any
farther than a few feet, unless it's very, very loose soil.  Then you
have to be either very lucky, or very exact in where you land the
output.  And that's assuming you find a way to get the pipe segments to
hold together as you add new ones.

On the other hand, what's the worse that happens?  It's only dirt!