[Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?
From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com (Scott Hall)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:46:56 -0400
Hm...are you sure about that?  It's been a long time since my earth
science classes, but I seem to remember that as the air heats up, it'll
hold more water.  So if there was a fixed amount of water available,
your explanation would be correct.  Since there isn't, as it gets
hotter. the air would hold more water.  This seems to play out here
(where we make Georgia look like the cool Patagonian desert), where the
humidity stays fairly constant according to our humidistats throughout
the day (or year, even) even as it clears 100 degrees F.  And it
certainly *feels* more oppressive and sticky.