[Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir

Subject: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir
From: hillman at planet-torque.com (David Hillman)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 16:41:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 4 Aug 2011, John Innis wrote:
> The page on Northern tool for RapidAir is wrong, it is actually rated at
> 150psi from -40 F to +180 F.  Check out the borchure.
> http://www.northerntool.com/downloads/charts/490500.pdf

    There are two different products from the same company being confused
there, I think.

    RapidAir Products makes RapidAir tubing, which is 1/2" OD nylon and
rated for 150psi at the temperatures above.

    They also make Maxline, which is 3/4" OD hpde-al-hpde tube, and rated
for 175psi at 70* F, and 140 psi at 140*.

    Which, now that I just typed that out, makes no sense.  I mean, it's
hard for me to believe that the nylon hose is stronger at 180* F ( 150psi
) than the aluminum-cored tubing is at 140*.

--
  David Hillman