[Shop-talk] Window a/c unit for the garage

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Window a/c unit for the garage
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 21:44:20 -0700 (PDT)
I am looking for a window/though the wall a/c unit to cool and heat my garage.
Based on an online calculator looks like I will need a 18000BTU unit, minimum,
to cool my 23x33x11 garage. Consumer Reports had a report on just such units
but the largest was 12000BTU. Their winner was LG but since I require a larger
unit I don't know if their brand recommendation still applies.
Do any of you guys have any experience with this type of a/c units (actually
heat pumps). Do you recommend any brand(s) in particular? Any comments
suggestions would be appreciated.
Jorge

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums