Re: [Shop-talk] battery rebuilders?

To: "Mark Andy" <marka@maracing.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] battery rebuilders?
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 08:55:55 -0500
I have successfully rebuild two of my Panasonic 15.6 volt NiMH with larger
capacity batteries and other than it was a little tough to get the case back
together it all went well.

I was unsuccessful rebuilding my Hitachi 12 volt NiCd battery. The
thermistor either was bad to begin with or I killed it while soldering up
the new battery pack. The charger requires information from the thermistor
before it will do its thing so I believe I have a good battery pack but no
way to charge it. I've though about replacing the thermistor but have not
been able to find the spec on it so I could acquire a replacement and sort
of lost interest in the whole thing.

Arvid