[Shop-talk] 1965 Mustang Brakes

Subject: [Shop-talk] 1965 Mustang Brakes
From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com (Scott Hall)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:14:10 -0400
You want to keep the drums, Bob?
On Jun 26, 2011 11:11 AM, "Bob Spidell" <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:
> Our 1965 Mustang conv. (289/2bbl) with 4-wheel drums and power assist has
crummy braking. We've narrowed the problem down to (probably) hard,
semi-metallic brake shoes. OEM liner material works better, but it's hard to
find anything that isn't some sort of kevlar/carbon, etc. material, which
we're leery of and is mostly for racing.

> Any old Mustang gurus--or young Mustang gurus that know old Mustangs--know
of a good brand or material that gives good stopping on a street-driven car?