[Shop-talk] Fiberglass front door

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Fiberglass front door
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:33:02 -0400
    I have wood core, fiberglass covered front door, which I have used
gel stain to give it a faux wood color and texture.  I've used every
type of polyurethane, spar urethane, marine varnish, and nothing seems
to hold up in the direct sun that hits it all day. It always seems to
peel within 6 months or so.  I was thing of getting automotive 2 part
urethane clear, or even mix up some clear epoxy resin to coat it.
Anyone with any insight as to what would work in this situation?
Thanks   John Mitchell     Shelton, CT

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums