Re: [Shop-talk] Shop ideas for a mobility scooter.

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop ideas for a mobility scooter.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:44:23 -0700
> Would have to have enough sensors and smarts not to run into/over
> stuff,
> lest you forget to push the 'off' button

I could see arguments both ways on that.  After all, the Toyota that wiped
out my 59 Triumph didn't have sensors or smarts when the driver "forgot" to
stop.

But ultrasonic sonar proximity detectors are pretty old hat these days; so
it shouldn't be hard at all to add something.  I was reading an article in
Nuts & Volts last night, where the author just mentioned in passing that he
added sonar sensors, and then went on talking about the robot kit he was
reviewing.
http://www.parallax.com/tabid/768/ProductID/92/Default.aspx

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums