Re: [Shop-talk] Above ground oil tanks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Above ground oil tanks
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 14:19:10 -0700
You do know you can prepay in Aug for the whole year and they re-fill
you on a schedule at that same price?

Or.. at least every oil company I've dealt with has that program.

The only other oil tank trick I know is to encase the copper fuel
line in plastic tubing if it runs along the floor in a concrete
basement.  It'll last longer that way.  Previous owner on my last
house didn't know that trick.  Pinhole at o'dark:thirty on day 2 of
ownership....

At 06/04/11 at 17:21, Shakespearean monkeys danced on
eric@megageek.com's keyboard and said:
>Actually, I would have put 3 of the tanks in if I could have.  I have a
>1000 gal inground that is getting replaced.  I loved it, normally I would
>fill it up once in Aug (when oil was cheapest) and it could get me through
>the year, with maybe a small refill somewhere in march.
>
>The more oil you can store, means you can buy it when it's cheapest.

Cheers!

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums