Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 07:50:30 -0500
I bought a 1" stainless steel, motor operated ball valve on eBay about a
year ago. My shop has an apartment over it, which is not used all the
time. I wanted to monitor for leaks at the appliances and turn off the
water to the apartment if/when there was a leak. I still have it and
plan on installing it "soon", but haven't yet.

This valve is made by Mars, and the complete assembly is marked Triac
Controls, model EP=400. It runs on 24v ac/dc.
I think I paid about $30 for it.  It is similar to
http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Actuated-Ball-Valve-1-SS-Ball-Valve-120AC-New-/280684715401?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415a1cdd89

If you don't work in your shop with the lights off you might consider
connecting the valve to your lights so when the lights go off, the
compressor is isolated.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Randall, On 5/31/2011 1:47 PM: