Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 06:24:49 -0400
OK, here is a new idea I have for dealing with the leaks...

I found an epoxy that is like a thick liquid.  I was thinking to put a
vacuum in the air lines (not sure of the best way to do that) then pour
the epoxy on the joints.  This should draw the epoxy into the leaking
joints and form a better seal.

Anyone have any ideas about that?  What's the best way to get a small
vacuum on an air line set up?

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
05/31/2011 23:24

"'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...

Howdy,

On Tue, 31 May 2011, Randall wrote:
>> If it were me, I'd put a valve on the compressor outlet that gets shut
off
>> when I'm not out there and call it a day.
>
> So what type of remotely operated valve would be appropriate?
>
> I don't know much about solenoid valves, but it appears that the
> inexpensive "piloted" valves always have a pressure drop across the
> valve, which may not be ideal.  And "non-pilot" valves seem rather
> expensive.

I have a regular old 3/4" (?? I think?) ball valve on my compressors
output.

If the compressor is somewhere you can't easily get to it, that obviously
isn't going to work.

Mark