[Shop-talk] PEX plumbing

Subject: [Shop-talk] PEX plumbing
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 13:52:49 -0400
Wayne, go here...

<http://www.ronshomeandhardware.com/P-600-1-2-Quick-Conn-Coupling-p/609984.htm>

Use these Watt's connectors and you don't need ANY tools!!!  They are
great (and this is the cheapest place I found to get them in bulk.)

The are reusable and make plumbing a dream.  Why it is rated for air use,
I wouldn't use them.

Here is why...

1- Moisture doesn't condense as much in plastic.
2-These lines and connectors aren't available in the size (1") that I used
for the shop.

They are great connectors and work awesome.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Wayne <wmc_st at xxiii.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
05/27/2011 12:05

Shop Talk List <shop-talk at autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] PEX plumbing

I need to replace some freeze-burst water lines (in my shop) and am
considering going to PEX plumbing.  Anyone have suggestions on crimp tools
and other necessary equipment to procure?  Looks like crimpers are still
stupid expensive, but it's an investment I'm considering.

Are crimpers, bands, and fittings generally compatible between
manufacturers?

And of course... can you use PEX for compressed air?  :)  I understand
it's elastic enough to usually survive water freezing.  So it seems like
you could safely use it for air, without concerns of it shattering like
PVC.  And it's gotta be a helluva lot easier to work with than Eric's iron
pipe woes!